Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Strong Tower

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." Proverbs 18:10

This past weekend I experienced the blessing of a strong tower in several ways. I was sitting in the heat of the day drawing, however I was in the shadow of a tall tree and I was not hot nor sunburned from my time outside. The song "He is my strong tower" went through my head and it got me thinking how God is refreshment in the middle of the heat of life.

The next day, I was reading my Bible under a tree when it started to rain...first a few drops and then a steady rain. I was not wet at all due to the shield of the tree. Again, like God sheltering us during trials.

An awesome storm blew up that evening. I was staying in a cottage that didn't have a radio or anything to find out news about this storm, so I prayed. Later I found out a tornado did go through near the town. I was kept safe in the house and protected from natural disaster. Again, my God is my protection in the storms of life.

These three tangible times of being protected and even refreshed help me really experience the truth of the verse in Proverbs...truly He is all I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment