Tuesday, July 13, 2010

He Loves Me

Feeling a bit fried this week. I've signed up for too many things out of guilt and not God's prompting--ok, I've learned my lesson about heeding His still, small voice. If He's not in it, neither is His grace to carry out well intentioned plans!!

Feeling kind of sorry for myself, I asked God for some inspiration for my heart. RIGHT as I was finishing asking, I heard the loudest "chirp" coming through my window from the bird feeder. It was an indigo bunting. He's a favorite friend of mine from nature whom I haven't seen for over a month. Truly it was a gift from the lover of my soul. God owns the universe and He ordered a "special delivery" of an indigo bunting to thrill my heart as a love gift from Him. This brought a smile to my face, a tear to my eye and a wellspring of gratitude to my Eternal Bridegroom who sees my heart and knows what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment