Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sparkle

I love the Newsboys song "SHINE". In fact it has motivated me to step out for God at times when I've been hesitant in my heart. Several times when I've been on my way to speak at a retreat, God has allowed that song to play on the radio as an encouragement. Oh how well He knows me and encourages me!

I was on a personal retreat last month and ran into Zechariah 9:16, 17 "The LORD their God will save them on that day as the flock of his people. They will sparkle in his land like jewels in a crown. How attractive and beautiful they will be!"

Since it is winter AND Christmas time, I've been inundated with seeing sparkly things---snowflakes, Christmas lights and ornaments, etc. Somehow they really catch my eye and are giving a little thrill to my heart. There is one ornament on my Christmas tree that moves slightly when the heat is on and pushes it back and forth--on our whole tree filled with 100's of ornaments that compete for attention, that is the one that attracts my eye at that moment due to the shimmer and movement. This is how I want to live my life--with the warmth of my savior that motivates my activity so that He might Shine through me---to sparkle in this land.

Hoping the presence of His warmth fills you and moves you to SPARKLE!

1 comment:

  1. Janelle, that was beautiful! That word imagery will be twirling through my head through the evening. :)

    ReplyDelete